Westerford High School requires the services of a dynamic Educational Psychologist to join our Wellness and Development Department with effect from 1 January 2022, on a part-time basis.
- Current registration with the HPCSA as an Educational Psychologist, and compliance with CPD requirements
- Able to conduct psycho-educational assessments
- Able to provide career and subject-choice guidance as required
- Experience in executive functioning training e.g. helping with improving organisational skills, prioritising etc.
- Experience in counselling teenagers e.g. peer pressure, conflict resolution, ADHD, depression and anxiety, barriers to learning, divorce, trauma
- An understanding of the education environment and of the current societal pressures faced by pupils and their families
- Ability to present talks to teenagers/parents/staff
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational, administrative and interpersonal skills
- Able to network effectively and develop resources
- High school teaching experience will be favourably considered.
- Police Clearance certificate (as per Child Protection Act)
Please send a letter of application, together with a short CV (not more than 3 pages), and the contact details of two references to firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of its Diversity, Inclusion and Transformation mission, Westerford High School is committed to diversity and redress.
Westerford High School reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of this post. An application does not automatically entitle the applicant to an interview.
Closing Date: 14h00 on 01 November 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.